Federal Tax Evasion in South Carolina
South Carolina IRS Tax Evasion Defense
One mission of The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is to detect and prosecute tax fraud and tax evasion.
If you are under investigation, or have been arrested, for tax evasion your personal and professional livelihood are at stake. The IRS can:
- seize your assets,
- freeze your bank accounts,
- shut down your business, and
- garnish your wages.
A conviction for tax evasion can result in jail time and staggering fines and penalties. If you are under investigation, or have been arrested for federal tax evasion, is it critical that you contact an experienced federal tax attorney to help defend your case. Don’t let a simple mistake made in good faith result in possible prison time or subject you to additional penalties. We will fight aggressively to have your charges reduced or even dismissed.
Common IRS allegations include:
- failure to pay, or under payment of, personal or business income taxes,
- failure to file personal or business taxes,
- misrepresentation of income,
- supporting deductions with fraudulent documentation,
- Reporting income paid to someone else,
- Hiding assets in an offshore bank account,
- Claiming deductions you are not eligible for, and
- Money laundering
Centrally located in Columbia, South Carolina, our firm has experience in dealing with civil and criminal IRS investigations. Founded by former U.S. Attorney and assistant solicitor, Pete Strom, our experienced criminal defense attorneys include a former public defender, and a former Assistant Attorney General and Richland County Assistant Solicitor, as well as a tax lawyer familiar with IRS investigations. Our experience and familiarity with prosecutorial techniques provide the basis for experienced and effective legal representation. We will fight hard to have your charges reduced, or even dismissed.